It is the most wonderful time of the year. Christmas time brings with it many traditions, some old, some new, but all revolving around love, joy, and kindness.
Many of us take time from our busy schedule and slow down a little to enjoy the holidays with our family. If you’re one of the many lucky people who will be spending time with your Grandkids this year, here are some 12 great traditions you can start (or continue) this year to help make memories that will last a lifetime.
- Draw your own version of the holidays
- Watch your favorite Christmas Claymation movie (our favorite is Rudolph)
- Teach older children the proper way to carve a turkey or ham for dinner
- Plan a holiday scavenger hunt around the home
- Create your own holiday ornaments to put around the house
- Make your own advent calendars to countdown the days
- Take your grandchildren shopping for their parents gifts
- If you’re lucky to have snow, build a snowman family in the yard
- Construct a Gingerbread house, or castle, or village (get creative)
- Or bake your own cookies this year, and get creative with decorating
- Do something charitable this year like volunteering or donating warm clothes
- Just take it easy and relax by the fire.
From our family to yours, everyone at Care At Home Services wants to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Festivus, and a Happy New Year!