Being in the familiar surroundings of home can help many seniors’ live better and longer lives. However without research, it can be tough for seniors to find the perfect care at home service provider and caregiver. This is where the services of a home care agency can help, a company such as Care At Home Services.
Whether you need a hand with light housekeeping, running a variety of errands including grocery shopping and doctor visits, or a companion to help you with getting out into the community, Care At Home Services can help with all of that.
These services are just a few examples of what home care agencies such as Care At Home Services can provide. Keep in-mind that not all agencies are alike. It’s critically important to do a lot of research before making any kind of decision. Start by reading the reviews, then follow that up by visiting the agencies in-person, as well as a formal interview.
Here are some more things to keep in-mind when talking with/visiting care at home agencies:
- Inquire about the types of services the agency provides
- Many agencies provide medical as well as non-medical services like light housekeeping, medication management, companionship and personal care
- Check how long the home care agency has been in business and their reputation in the community
- Find out if you will be on a waiting list for services from this agency, or whether services are available to you immediately
- Ask if round-the-clock care is available if you should need it, maybe not now, but potentially down the line
- Be sure to check the references/testimonials/reviews provided
- Inquire as to caregiver training and certification, as well as how caregivers’ work activities are monitored
- Be certain that caregivers are qualified, bonded and insured
- Consider the overall attitude of the agency and its employees
- Whether you are assessing a home care agency for yourself or for a loved one, it’s important that you feel comfortable with the agency itself
If you get anything out of this article, please remember to do your research! Take time up front to do plenty of in-depth research and analysis of the home care agency you’re looking at. Doing this, will reduce the possibility of making a mistake hiring this crucial position for yourself or your loved one.
If you are hiring for a loved one, make sure you check-in with them about their satisfaction with the agency’s service a few weeks or months after they’ve started. If you, or your loved one is unhappy with the service, a reputable agency will provide you with a different caregiver.
If you have any concerns or would like some help living more comfortably at home or booking an in home visit, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-866-982-2737 and speak with some about setting up an at home care assessment today.